The legislation calls for a documented review of the risks and hazards along with the steps taken to mitigate them. This can only be carried out on-site by someone qualified and with the experience to identify the risks and potential hazards, accompanied by the client’s designated Competent Person for the fuelling installation.
The “Oil Storage Regulations” (2001/2954 in England; 2016/359 (W.112) in Wales; 2006/133 in Scotland).
This is an important piece of environmental legislation applicable to storing fuel in above-ground tanks.
Benefits to the Client?
– Reduce the risk of non-compliance with DSEAR and OSR.
– Demonstrable documented compliance should an accident happen.
– Reduce the risk of litigation.
– A report is created which responds to each of the points in the regulation that will highlight any areas for improvement.
– TSG provides advice on how to stay compliant or we can arrange to carry out the assessment should changes be made to the site.
Don’t forget you can’t become complacent with regards to the storing of a hazardous and potentially environmentally damaging substance. So, if you need TSG to provide ongoing support with your checks, we can provide a service to accommodate your requirements. That might be updating the report should you make any changes on-site or carry out spot-checks to make sure nothing has changed, and the site has bought into the processes.
If you require a DSEAR survey, then it makes sense to cover Oil Storage Regs in the same visit. Please ask for details. Contact us today and stay ahead of the game.