What is DSEAR?
The Dangerous Substances and Explosives Atmospheres Regulations 2002
The legislation calls for a documented review of the risks and hazards along with the steps taken to mitigate them. This can only be carried out on-site by someone qualified and with the experience to identify the risks and potential hazards, accompanied by the client’s designated Competent Person for the fuelling installation.
What is OSR?
The “Oil Storage Regulations” (2001/2954 in England; 2016/359 (W.112) in Wales; 2006/133 in Scotland).
This is an important piece of environmental legislation applicable to storing fuel in above-ground tanks.
- Reduce the risk of non-compliance with DSEAR and OSR.
- Demonstrable documented compliance should an accident happen.
- Reduce the risk of litigation.
- A report is created which responds to each of the points in the regulation that will highlight any areas for improvement.
- TSG provides advice on how to stay compliant or we can arrange to carry out the assessment should changes be made to the site.
- Environmental audits – TSG offers a full environmental audit service using Environment Agency Guidelines
- Electrical installation and maintenance within hazardous environments
It is important not to become complacent with regards to the storing of a hazardous and potentially environmentally damaging substance. TSG provides ongoing support with these checks, we can tailor our service to suit any business requirements, such as; updating the report should improvements be made on site, or carrying out spot-checks to make sure nothing has changed.
If you require a DSEAR survey, then it makes sense to cover Oil Storage Regulations in the same visit. Please ask for details. Contact us today and stay ahead of the game.