We will continue to maintain our customers fleet fuelling facilities as well as maintain and service petrol filling stations, ensuring the emergency services can get fuel and our customers can continue to operate.
Covid19 Pandemic - update of services
TSG UK Coronavirus (Covid-19) update
TSG has put in place strict guidelines for its engineers to make sure we keep them safe. TSG has advised their engineers, if any member/s of their household show signs of Coronavirus they must self isolate for 14 days and follow government guidelines.
TSG has set out the following guidelines while the engineers carry out their work for TSG: Please note these have been summarized.
- The Engineer must carry out a risk assessment of the site, this will require a detailed sequence method of working.
- Safety glasses and Nitrile gloves will be worn at all times while working and walking around the site, these will be supplemented by anti-cut gloves where necessary.
- A two metre rule will be in place during the site visit and limited verbal contact.
- Face masks are provided for when it’s required.
- Engineers will cordon off any areas where work is being carried out making use of their vehicle for defensive parking and then using cones, barriers and/or traffic tape.
- When an engineer has to carry out work within a store access will be required from the rear of the store if possible. If the area inside the store is a confined office, only the engineer should be present at all times.
- When the task requires two engineers the two metre rule will be adhered to where possible. When this is not possible a time restriction will be put in place and suitable PPE will be worn.
- Before leaving the site the engineers will wash their hands and hand sanitizer has been provided.
If you would like a copy of our risk assessment documents and our policy documents please contact the marketing department : email@example.com
TSG UK Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
The priority of TSG UK is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our colleagues, suppliers and customers. As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been developing rapidly, we have been taking all necessary measures to ensure we reduce the risk of exposure to infection. Our policies have been updated as and when the Government advice has changed and will continue to be.
Meetings and site visits to ensure continuity of services to our customers
In addition to our policy, we are respecting the fact that many of our field teams are not able to work from home and will be travelling throughout the UK to carry out essential work during these tough times. We will continue to maintain our customers fleet fuelling facilities as well as maintain and service petrol filling stations, ensuring the emergency services can get fuel and our customers can continue to operate. As such we have implemented guidelines for our operational personnel and field teams to reduce direct interaction with others along with their use of shared equipment in order to help prevent the spread of the virus.
We would like to reassure you that we are doing everything possible to ensure our continuity of our service to you.